Old Fashioned Tea Cakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"My Nanny’s old fashioned tea cakes are part of every food memory from my childhood. Like sweet biscuits, they are a little like cake, a little like cookies. My grandparents were children of The Depression. They had a special gift for making special things from simple ingredients. Making sure something hot was on the table was part of southern etiquette. There was never a time that we arrived that there were not hot biscuits or tea cakes fresh from the oven. It was ingrained in their nature to share what they had. I have so many memories of sitting at my Nanny’s table and eating these tea cakes. Every one of those memories is special to me. I wish I could go back to that time in her kitchen and spend more time learning from her and a little less time avoiding chores. I also wish I could have known how special these little treats were as I was eating them – but that is not the nature of childhood. "
Makes24 tea cakes
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time8 min
Cooking Vessel Sizecookie sheet
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This cinnamon pull-apart bread recipe is all about shortcuts. It only takes five basic ingredients to make Gooey Apple Pull-Apart… Continue reading: "Gooey Apple Pull-Apart Breadvideocam"
- Almond Delights Cookie Bar
- Lemon Sugar Cookies With White Chocolate Drizzle
- Old Fashioned Tea Cakes
- No Bake Cookies Too Dry or Gooey? Here's Why
- 21 No Bake Cookies & Cookie Bars
- Dreamy Triple Chocolate Cookies
- Cry Baby Cookies
- Mississippi Mud No Bake Cookie Bars
- Easiest No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Loaded Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slimming World Butter Chicken In Slow Cooker
- Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
- Chennai Style Vadacurry
- Eggplant With Sweet Potato | Traditional And Instant Pot Edition
- Fusion Burritos
- Indo-chinese Paneer Chili
- Instant Pot Sprouted Mung Beans
- Restaurant Style Ranch Dressing
- Quick And Easy Indian Okra Recipe With Air Fryer
- Simple Deviled Eggs
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes