Giant Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Got giant appetites to please? Try Giant Double Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Makes 16 giant cookies.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please check out our 50 Favorite Christmas Cookie Recipes Free eCookbook
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups chocolate chips, divided
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream shortening with sugar. Mix in egg, sour cream, vanilla.
- Melt 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and blend with creamed mixture.
- Stir flour with salt, baking powder, baking soda. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Fold in nuts and remaining chocolate chips.
- Chill dough 1/2 hour. For giant cookies, use ice cream scoop or 1/4 cup dough for each cookie.
- Place on 3 greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly to 3 inches. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until still slightly soft in the center.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Cookies & Bars"
Cookies & Bars
Hundreds of cookie recipes, brownie recipes and dessert bar recipes including classic chocolate chip cookie recipes, sugar cookie recipes, and oatmeal cookie recipes.
There are no records