Country Bourbon Chicken
Amplify your chicken with booze! Country Bourbon Chicken is perfectly seasoned with a zesty orange glaze unlike any other easy chicken recipes. This sweet and salty dish is perfect for all chicken lovers.
- 4 chicken breasts, halved
- 4 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- dash allspice, to taste
- 4 cups whole pecans
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- chopped oranges, for garnish
- lemon slices, for garnish
- Place chicken between sheets of waxed paper and pound until about 1/2-inch thick.
- Mix flour and pecans and lightly dust chicken with mixture. Set aside.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet and saute garlic for approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute, then remove garlic.
- Then saute chicken over medium heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Do not overcook Ingredients: Season with salt and pepper and transfer to warm serving platter.
- Mix cornstarch into cold orange juice. Add orange juice to pan juices and stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Add bourbon, sugar, orange zest and allspice. Stir gently for 2 minutes or until reduced to sauce consistency.
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley, whole pecans, orange and lemon slices, and serve.
Read NextRanch Cream Cheese Chicken