Company's Coming Country Chicken
The weekend is approaching and you've got company coming, but you're short on time, what do you do? Don't worry, this recipe for Company's Coming Country Chicken is the perfect dish to entertain with. Serve this with some country mashed potatoes and green beans and you are golden!
This is excellent served with noodles, even better with mashed potatoes.
- 1 1/2 tablespoon margarine
- 6 skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves
- 2 sweet onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons paprika (not the hot variety)
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 3/4 cup white Zinfandel wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can (14-ounce) chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- In large skillet medium heat, add margarine, melt. Add chicken breast and brown lightly, about 3-4 minutes. Before turning add 1/3 of paprika.
- Turn chicken, sprinkle with 1/3 of paprika again. Turn final time, using rest of paprika. Brown 3-4 additional minutes. Remove chicken.
- Add thinly sliced onions toss onions to coat with drippings from pan. Add white wine, using spatula loosen all the brown bits on bottom of pan.
- Add chicken broth and mushroom soup and blend. Add bay leaf. Return chicken to skillet and cover, cook 30 minutes, medium low.
- Remove bay leaves. Finally add 1/2 and 1/2 and mix through gravy. Sprinkle with nutmeg and slowly cook 5 minutes longer.