Bourbon Laced Tipsy Chicken with Peaches
Bourbon Laced Tipsy Chicken with Peaches is a delicious combination of spicy and sweet. The touches of paprika and bourbon make the peaches even more delectable in this oven baked chicken recipe.
Cooking Time1 hr
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 cup chopped fresh peaches
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle chicken quarters with salt and pepper. Place in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the paprika and all but 1 tablespoon of the green onions and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for an additional 4 minutes.
- Spread the onion mixture evenly over the chicken, spoon the orange juice and bourbon over the top and bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes, turning and basting occasionally.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, spoon the peaches over the top, sprinkle with nutmeg, and return to the oven for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is tender and shows no trace of pink near the bone.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, place on a serving dish, and pour the pan juices over the chicken.
- Garnish with the remaining green onions and serve immediately.
Read NextFactory Chicken Madeira (copycat)