Italian Style Stuffed Peppers
These Italian-Style Stuffed Peppers are a great (and budget friendly) way to feed your family! This stuffed bell peppers recipe uses simple ingredients like Ricotta cheese and marinara sauce to create that Italian flavor you know and love. Try this easy stuffed bell peppers recipe for a super simple dish that will bring the whole family together. These peppers are extremely versatile, so you can use any protein and veggies you'd like. Simply stuff your peppers full of your favorite Italian-style ingredients, bake them, and watch as they're devoured.
If you're craving even more stuffed bell pepper recipes, try our collection, 14 Fast and Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipes, and "wow" your family with a new recipe tonight.
Cooking Time20 min
Cooking MethodCasserole, Oven, Skillet
- 4 whole green (or red) peppers
- 1 cup rice
- 3/4 pound ground beef, turkey, or veal
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- Boil the rice in 2 1/2 cups of water until all the water is gone; remove from heat.
- "Core" the peppers (take the stems and seeds out) and scald them in boiling water for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the water from heat, but let the peppers simmer in the water.
- On high heat, cook the meat in an ungreased, non-stick or well-seasoned skillet (the fat will keep the food from sticking).
- When the meat is about halfway done, add the chopped onion, and continue cooking until the meat is done and the onion pieces are translucent (add olive oil if necessary).
- Lower to medium heat and stir in the garlic, cooking just long enough for the garlic to brown, then remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine marinara sauce, ricotta cheese, and salt.
- Add the rice, followed by the meat mixture, then add pepper and extra garlic powder to taste.
- Fill the pepper shells with the mixture, and arrange standing up in a casserole dish. Top with grated mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until mozzarella is bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
For more stuffed pepper recipe ideas, check out our list of 8 Fast And Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipes.