Beef Nacho Casserole
Turn your favorite nachos into a simple casserole recipe! With layers and layers of meaty, cheesy goodness, crunch into this spicy blend for the ultimate treat. Baked until it is golden brown, it is going to become a weeknight staple.
This cowboy recipe is featured in our 27 Authentic Western Recipes free eCookbook. Get a sneak peek at the collection here:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (12-ounces) jar of Ortega salsa - thick and chunky (medium)
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cups Montery Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat; drain excess fat as needed. Stir in salsa, corn, mayonnaise and chili powder.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Layer one-half the meat mixture into an 8-inch square baking pan, followed by half (1 cup) the tortilla chips. Spread half (1 cup) cheese over top. Repeat with remaining tortilla chips and cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated thoroughly. Top with sliced tomato to serve.