- Sift together, 4 cups flour, 1 tablespoon curry, and 1 teaspoon
- salt. Work in 1/2 lb shortening or lard and enough ice water to
- hold dough together. Refrigerate in foil for 12 hrs. Remove 15
- minutes before use, pull off just enough to make one patty at a
- time. Roll out and cut into 6" circles. Flour each stack. Cover
- with damp cloth.
Jamaica. Mince 2 onions, 2 oz scallions, 2 hot peppers. Add this to 2 lbs. minced beef. Heat 2 oz oil in frying pan, add minced beef mix and stir for 10 minutes. Add 1/2 lb. bread crumbs, 3 sprigs thyme, 2 tablespoons curry powder, 1 tablespoon salt. Mix well then add 1 cup water. Simmer for further 1/2 hour. Cool. Fill the prepared pastry circles with the meat filling. Fold over and seal by crimping edges with fork. Bake on ungreased baking sheets in preheated oven at 400F for 30 - 35 minutes until brown. Makes approx. 3 dozen small patties.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Caribbean Recipes"
A collection of authentic Caribbean recipes, including chicken recipes, salad recipes, fish recipes, dessert recipes, appetizer recipes, pork recipes and beef recipes.