Simple Salt Water Taffy
Salt water taffy is another one of those classic candies you had as a kid growing up. If you want to learn how to make your own taffy, try this Simple Salt Water Taffy recipe. It's super easy to make, and you won't stop eating it!
See this recipe and more in 47 Inexpensive Halloween Candy Ideas.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon flavoring (your choice)
- a couple of drops of food coloring (your choice)
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in 1-1/2 quart saucepan.
- Stir in corn syrup, water, butter and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and sugar is completely dissolved. Continue cooking then, without stirring, until candy thermometer reaches 260 degrees or between firm and hard ball candy stage (mixture will form a flexible ball when drizzled in cold water).
- After boiling has ceased, stir in flavoring and coloring.
- Pour onto lightly greased pan. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Pull the taffy with greased hands. Cut into 1-inch pieces and wrap the candy pieces in waxed paper.
Read NextChristmas Crack