Pretzel Candy Crunch
If you're looking for a salty and sweet mix to serve at your next party, check out this recipe for Pretzel Candy Crunch. The mix of salty pretzels and nuts with the sweetness of butterscotch pieces and marshmallows make this the perfect halloween candy recipe and a great halloween recipe idea to serve anytime!
MAKE-AHEAD TIP: Prepare candy and store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
See this recipe and more in 35 Halloween Party Appetizers.
- 2 cups broken pretzels
- 1 cup tiny marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped salted cashews or peanuts
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup butterscotch-flavored pieces
- Combine pretzels, marshmallows, and cashews or peanuts in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Combine sugar, half-and-half or light cream, and butter or margarine in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Add butterscotch pieces. Let stand 1 minute to soften pieces.
- Stir till combined. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Pour butterscotch mixture over pretzel mixture; stir to coat.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto baking sheets lined with waxed paper. Chill till firm.
- Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator..