Nutmeg Coffee Cake
This nutmeg coffee cake recipe is great for the holidays. Eggnog is the perfect drink to accompany this cake. Don't wait until the holidays, make it now!
If you like this coffee cake recipe, be sure to check out our full collection of the 14 best coffee cake recipes.
Cooking Time1 hr
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 stick (4 oz.) butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream into which 1 tsp baking soda has been stirred
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix until crumbly brown sugar, flour, and butter.
- Put 2 cups of these crumbs into an 8x8" pan and pat down.
- To the remaining crumbs, add egg, sour cream, soda, and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped nuts. It looks nice with sliced almonds.
- Bake 1 hour at 325 degrees F.