No Rules Dump Cake
They call this one "No Rules Dump Cake" because there really are no rules on what pie filling you put in it. An easy dessert to make, the only difficult task is deciding what fruit flavor you want. It's one of the only cake recipes that gives you so many options, that will all be delicious. So, surprise your family with one, two or even three different cakes that will all taste great. Enjoy!
- 1 can (20-ounces) peaches or fruit cocktail
- 1 can (20-ounces) fruit pie filling
- 18 ounces package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup of butter or margarine, melted
- sweetened coconut, to taste
- chopped pecans, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Empty the two cans on the botton of a 9 x 13 pan.
Sprinkle cake mix (straight from box) evenly over fruit.
Melt the butter and pour it over the top of the dry cake mix.
Then sprinkle the coconut and nuts over the top.
Cover the pan losely with a sheet of aluminum foil to keep the coconut from burning.
- Bake at for 30 minutes or until browned and bubbly.