Apple Raisin Coffee Cake
Apple, cinnamon and raisins all create a wonderfully moist and delicious coffee cake. This recipe is easy to prepare and great when served warm.
Cooking Time30 min
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 2/3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 chopped fresh apple (about a cup)
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and 1/3 cup sugar until light/fluffy. Beat in sour cream, vanilla and egg. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix into creamed mixture. Blend well.
- Combine all of the remaining topping ingredients until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Spoon half of the batter into a greased 8-inch round cake pan. Sprinkle with apples and raisins and half the topping mixture. Top with remaining batter, sprinkle remaining topping over top of the cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
Read NextMillionaire's Cake