Apple Mansion Cake
Chances are, you've never had an apple dessert quite like this one. Apple Mansion Cake is a no-bake dessert recipe made with just a few simple ingredients! A creamy apple filling is layered between graham crackers and refrigerated until the graham crackers soften, making it an easy-to-slice cake that doesn't even require an oven. With apple pie filling and apple pie spice, this delicious no-bake dessert recipe has all the flavors of fall but can be enjoyed all year long. If you're not a fan of apple desserts, the beauty of this mansion cake is that you can use any flavor pie filling and simply leave out the apple pie spice. Assembling the cake is as easy as mixing the filling and piping it onto layers of graham crackers it takes mere minutes! This cake is the perfect make-ahead dessert for a party, or an after-dinner treat.
Make sure to chop the apple pie filling small enough to fit through the small hole in the piping bag.
Preparation Time15 min
Chilling Time8 hr
Cooking MethodNo Bake
- 2 (8-ounce) cartons Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (20-ounce) can apple pie filling, chopped and divided
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 24 whole graham crackers
- In a large bowl, stir together Cool Whip, sour cream, 1 1/4 cups of apple pie filling, pudding mix and apple pie spice until well blended. Spoon into a plastic bag and cut off the corner of the bag for piping.
- On a large serving plate or dish, arrange 4 graham crackers in a rectangle. Pipe about 1 cup of the pudding mixture onto the crackers and top with 4 more crackers. Repeat layers three times. Loosely cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and let sit for about 15 minutes to soften. Garnish with chopped walnuts and serve with reserved apple pie filling, if desired.
Read NextAngry Birds Cake Pops
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Apr 06, 2017
Cinnamon flavored graham crackers would really elevate this recipe and make it even more yummy than it already is. The cool thing is, there are so many different flavors that would compliment graham crackers with or without the cinnamon and this dessert can be made up in advance for any occasion. I'm thinking the apple pie filling would be amazing with a cheesecake pudding too!
Mar 22, 2017
This looks absolutely yummy and it's easy to assemble to boot. I love desserts that can be assembled and stored overnight. I'm curious to know if anyone has tried this out with a filling other than the apple pie filling. I think this might work well with pumpkin, and if I made it that way, I might try using chocolate graham crackers rather than the regular as the recipe describes.
Sep 12, 2014
I love how soft and sweet this treat is. I'm definitely a fan.
Sep 12, 2014
I'm not huge on apple desserts, but I actually really loved this cake! It's light and refreshing and is the perfect compliment to a heavy fall meal. I might even top the whole thing off with some cinnamon or nutmeg to help spice it up a bit.
Sep 12, 2014
This is a light, refreshing dessert. I'd like to try it with pumpkin or cherry!
Sep 12, 2014
So tasty! I loved how soft the graham crackers were after sitting in the refrigerator overnight. I will definitely be making this again before fall is over!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use