Apple Mansion Cake
Chances are, you've never had an apple dessert quite like this one. Apple Mansion Cake is a no-bake dessert recipe made with just a few simple ingredients! A creamy apple filling is layered between graham crackers and refrigerated until the graham crackers soften, making it an easy-to-slice cake that doesn't even require an oven. With apple pie filling and apple pie spice, this delicious no-bake dessert recipe has all the flavors of fall but can be enjoyed all year long. If you're not a fan of apple desserts, the beauty of this mansion cake is that you can use any flavor pie filling and simply leave out the apple pie spice. Assembling the cake is as easy as mixing the filling and piping it onto layers of graham crackers it takes mere minutes! This cake is the perfect make-ahead dessert for a party, or an after-dinner treat.
Make sure to chop the apple pie filling small enough to fit through the small hole in the piping bag.
Preparation Time15 min
Chilling Time8 hr
Cooking MethodNo Bake
- 2 (8-ounce) cartons Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (20-ounce) can apple pie filling, chopped and divided
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 24 whole graham crackers
- In a large bowl, stir together Cool Whip, sour cream, 1 1/4 cups of apple pie filling, pudding mix and apple pie spice until well blended. Spoon into a plastic bag and cut off the corner of the bag for piping.
- On a large serving plate or dish, arrange 4 graham crackers in a rectangle. Pipe about 1 cup of the pudding mixture onto the crackers and top with 4 more crackers. Repeat layers three times. Loosely cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and let sit for about 15 minutes to soften. Garnish with chopped walnuts and serve with reserved apple pie filling, if desired.