Skillet Cheesy Chicken & Rice
In these busy times, one-skillet chicken recipes are the way to go...and this cheesy dish is a family-favorite! Made with rice and vegetables, it's a meal made all in one pot. Convenient and delicious,make Skillet Cheesy Chicken & Rice tonight.
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time35 min
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup regular long-grain white rice
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
Stir the soup, water, onion powder, black pepper and rice in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through the cooking time.
Stir in the vegetables. Return the chicken to the skillet. Sprinkle with the cheese. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.
Read NextTaco Pizza Rolls