Scrumptious Butterscotch Brownies
Who doesn't like warm, sticky & gooey desserts? Brownies rank right up there among the best of the best, and these scrumptious butterscotch brownies won't disappoint. Whip up a batch and find out why.
Cooking Time30 min
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped or sliced nuts, optional
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter.
- Stir in brown sugar, pressing out any lumps. The mixture may be heated to help the sugar dissolve.
- Blend in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the baking powder and flour, stir batter well.
- Mix in the nuts, if desired.
- Spread the batter in a 9-inch square pan that has been lightly oiled.
- Sprinkle the optional chocolate chips on top of the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes. The center may remain gooey while hot.
Read NextGerman Chocolate Brownies