Mary's Make Ahead Ham and Egg Casserole
If you're tired of searching through overnight breakfast casseroles for the best one, you're in luck! Mary's Make Ahead Ham and Egg Casserole is the best. Made with classic breakfast ingredients and plenty of cheese, the whole family will love this dish!
You can find more delicious make-ahead casseroles in our recipe collection here:
- 16 slices bread, crusts removed
- 16 slices Swiss cheese
- 16 slices ham
- 16 slices American cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Grease a 13 X 9 inch baking pan.
- Blend eggs, milk, onion salt, and mustard.
- Place 8 slices of bread into the bottom of the pan. Then 8 slices of the Swiss cheese, then 8 slices of ham, then American cheese. Repeat the layers again.
- Pour egg mixture over all of it. Cover with foil and keep overnight in the refrigerator.
- The next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the corn flakes over the casserole dish and drizzle the butter over it.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Variation: Omit the corn flakes and butter but add seasoned bread cubes. Add mushrooms to it and vegetables slightly sauteed before adding.