We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"This traditional German Christmas Stollen bread is a festive addition to your holiday celebration! The rich, buttery sweet bread is studded with a variety of dried fruits like cranberries, cherries and raisins, nuts, subtle notes of citrus, and plenty of warm spices. Finish it off with a blizzard of powdered sugar, grab a warm cup of coffee, and settle in for the ultimate cozy treat! A traditional German stollen is a cake-like yeast bread with a rather dense, somewhat dry texture -- very different from the moist, rum-soaked fruit cakes of American Christmas culture. The rich dough is not particularly sweet, but instead gets its flavor from citrus zest or candied citrus peels, as well as dried fruits. Some versions include additional ingredients such as rum, nuts or marzipan. Our family's easy stollen recipe does not include marzipan, but instead features a cinnamon-sugar swirl throughout the center of each loaf. Finally, the bread is dusted with a thick coating of powdered sugar for a "snowy," festive touch. "
Preparation Time1 hr
Chilling Time2 hr 15 min
Cooking Time25 min
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Amish Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll-Ups might one of the best desserts you'll ever enjoy. This delicious Amish dessert recipe is… Continue reading: "Amish Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll-Upsvideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
- Fig And Cashew Milkshake
- Mac And Cheese
- Easy And Family Friendly Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- Spicy And Garlicky Labneh
- Tindora Athanu | Achar | Pickle
- Fluffy White Rice | Instant Pot And Stove Top
- Vegan, Gluten Free, And Allergen Friendly Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Mushroom Quesadilla
- Pav Bhaji
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes