Make Many Mini Frittatas
Easy appetizer recipes like these unique Mini Frittatas are not only great for a crowd, but are fun for brunches, too! With so few ingredients, yet still loaded with flavor, these little bites are super easy to make right in your muffin pan. Those who love broccoli will especially love these mini frittatas because they're included in the ingredients list. This simple muffin tin recipe will come in handy soon, so make sure to keep it around.
- 1 small bunch broccoli (about 8-ounces)
- 10 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets. (You can nibble on the stems, or set them aside for another use.) Fill a large saucepan half full with water. Bring to a rolling boil and add the broccoli. Cook until the broccoli is bright green but still crisp. Drain, rinse briefly under cold water to stop the cooking, and drain again thoroughly.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until combined. Add the pepper, salt, and red pepper flakes. Whisk again briefly and pour into a pitcher with a good pouring lip.
- Place a little broccoli and about 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cheddar cheese in every cup in a 24-cup nonstick mini muffin pan. Pour the egg mixture equally into the cups, but not filling them all the way to the brim, as the frittatas will puff up when cooking. Place the muffin pan on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes. Using a knife if needed to loosen the edges, remove the mini frittatas from the muffin pan. Place on a platter and sprinkle the remaining cheese and the parsley over the top.