Chili Con Queso Bites
This southwest inspired appetizer recipe gets its bold flavor from Pace Picante sauce and loads of cheese. Baked in a muffin tin, it's finger food at its greatest. Impress your guests with only the best appetizer recipes and serve them this great game day snack.
Find more cowboy recipes like this in our collection of 27 Authentic Western Recipes. Learn more here:
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time10 min
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 green onion, chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease 24 (3-inch) muffin-pan cups.
Beat the eggs, picante sauce, flour and chili powder in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk. Stir in the cheese and onion.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture into each muffin-pan cup. Bake for 10 minutes or until the bites are golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature with additional picante sauce.
Read NextSpinach Artichoke Dip