Italian Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
Italian-Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers are vegetarian stuffed bell peppers with rice with an Italian kick! Made with spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese, these peppers are delicious!
Cooking Time1 hr
- 6 large bell peppers
- 1 pound Morning Star ground veggie meat or Boca Burger crumbles
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 - 15-ounce can tomato or spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (fat-free or soy cheese
- Clean and par-boil peppers.
- Cook onion til transparent.
- Stir in rice, salt, garlic and 1 cup of tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce.
- Stir in cheese, and meat substitute.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stuff peppers with mixture.
- If peppers are large, then cut them in half horizontally.
- Pour remaining sauce over peppers.
- Use more if they seem dry.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes, spooning sauce from bottom of pan as it cooks.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes more or til peppers are done.
- Sprinkle with cheese when done.
For more stuffed pepper recipe ideas, check out our list of 8 Fast And Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipes.