Ham And Bean Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Ham and Bean Soup is a great way to use leftover ham from the holidays. The ingredient list is short and inexpensive, making this a hearty and frugal meal. It’s hard for us to decide between this soup and our split pea soup when it’s time to use up all that ham from the holidays. This simple soup is true comfort food, excellent for chilly weeknights. While my recipe suggests you soak the beans overnight, I will give you some tips for a shortcut."
NotesPlease visit AmandasCookin.com for the full recipe!
Preparation Time24 hr
Cooking Time6 hr
- 2 cups dried beans
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 cups fresh water
- 1 pound leftover ham
- 14 1/2 packages canned diced tomtoes
- 1 large onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This German Chocolate Lover's Frozen Pie is one of the easiest desserts you'll make this summer. Who can pass up an ice cold and… Continue reading: "German Chocolate Lover's Frozen Pievideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Instant Pot Cabbage
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Chia Seed Jam With Any Fruit
- Roasted Garlic Dill Potatoes Recipe
- Healthy Carrot Cake Oatmeal Recipe
- Chicken Stuffed Pepper Soup (stovetop & Instant Pot)
- Black Bean Salad
- Jalapeno Lime Cashew Sauce Recipe
- Roasted Summer Veggie Salad Bowls Recipe With Sundried Tomato Vinaigrette
- Legume Ham Salad
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes