Mom's Famous Chicken Soup
Soup recipes are great when you need something to warm you up. Mom's Famous Chicken Soup is not your average chicken soup recipe. Loaded with veggies and a splash of hot sauce, American cheese is then melted in to give it a creamy cheesy flavor that your family will love. This may very well become a favorite in your kitchen. Great for a quick weeknight dinner, you'll be eating bowl after bowl.
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time20 min
- 3 cups water
- 3 chicken-flavor bouillon cubes
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium potato, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 can (26-ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3 cans (4.5-ounces each) Swanson® Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
- 4 slices American pasteurized process cheese product, Kraft single
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce (optional)
Heat the water, bouillon, onion and carrots in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low.
Stir in the potatoes, peas and corn. Cook until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the soup and chicken and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Add the cheese.
Cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Stir in the hot sauce, if desired.