Country Chicken Soup
Delicious homemade chicken soup recipes can warm the body and the soul. County Chicken soup is made with vegetables and rice for a surprisingly easy stunning bowl of soup. Full of flavor, crumble in your crackers and enjoy spoonful after spoonful.
Serves4 (about 1 3/4 cups each)
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 5 1/4 cups cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness® or Certified Organic)
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 medium carrot, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 stalk celery, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 2 cans (4.5 ounces each) Swanson® Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
Heat the broth, poultry seasoning, thyme, carrot, celery and onion in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Stir in the rice. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
Stir the chicken in the saucepan and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
Read NextFamous 15 Minute Italian Soup