Aunt Bee's Lucky Hoppin' John
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Black-eyed peas are a must on New Year’s Day, right? No matter what we had going on, where we were, or who else was around our table, my Mom always served black-eyed peas with our first dinner of the New Year…along with the other usual suspects of pork, greens, cornbread, and often sauerkraut. Southern superstition tells us that black-eyed peas bring prosperity in the New Year, so who am I to argue with tradition?! Best of all, this recipe is incredibly quick and delicious! You only need 5 minutes to prepare Aunt Bee’s Lucky Hoppin’ John — an easy side dish that’s perfect for New Year’s Day! The rice is studded with black-eyed peas, loaded with bacon, and flavored with garlic and onion. It’s a simple recipe that pairs perfectly with the rest of your lucky Southern fare, making it a tasty way to move from an exhausting Christmas season and into a prosperous and healthy New Year!"
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time30 min
Cooking Vessel Size1 1/2 quart baking dish
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Get summer picnic ready when you learn how to make this Easy 5-Minute Chicken Salad. Not only is this a super quick and super easy… Continue reading: "Easy 5-Minute Chicken Saladvideocam"
- Southern Fried Cabbage
- Effortless Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- Copycat Cheesy Cheddar Biscuits
- Best Bisquick Drop Biscuits
- Crispy Seasoned Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Polish Hunter Stew (Bigos)
- Spicy Smothered Bacon Cabbage
- Classic Canadian Poutine Recipe
- Best Ever Yorkshire Pudding In The Air Fryer
- Japanese Cucumber Salad (Sunomono)
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Easy Baked Chicken Tenders
- Spicy Salmon Roll Sushi
- Scuppernong Jelly
- Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Cucumber Dill Dip
- Smoked Gouda Alfredo Sauce
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Cashew Chicken
- Croissant Breakfast Casserole With Berries
- Chicken Salad
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes