Western Spice Mix
To add a distinct Western flair to your cooking, try adding this Western Spice Mix to your cooking. This tasty spice mix is great for chicken, steak or fish.
Makes almost 3 ounces Note: Combine and grind briefly in a coffee grinder. Substitute aniseed for fennel. Use rounded tablespoons full when substituting seed for ground spice. Instead of tablespoons use teaspoons to make enough to fill half a spice jar. Add to salad dressings, grilled vegetables, beans, soups, stews or rice. Makes 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground fennel seed
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients.
- Store in a sealed container.