Chicken Waldorf Pitas with Curried Yogurt Sauce
This chicken Waldorf salad is creamy and delicious with a touch of fruit sweetness and curry spice. Serve in pita bread for a tasty lunch or quick meal anytime.
Trying to figure out what else you can do with all those fabulous tomatoes? Try one (or more!) of these 22 tempting tomato recipes!
- 2 whole chicken breasts, skinned, boned, cooked and cubed
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 medium green apple, cubed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 2 avocados, seeded, peeled and cubed
- 4 pita breads, halved
- 8 pieces curly greenleaf lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes, optional
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mace
- Marinate chicken in Italian dressing 4 to 8 hours.
- Prepare yogurt sauce (recipe below).
- Stir in apple, celery, almonds and raisins.
- Add Curried Yogurt Sauce.
- Gently fold in avocados.
- Place lettuce in pita halves and fill with chicken mixture. Garnish with tomatoes.
Curried Yogurt Sauce
- Stir together yogurt, curry powder, and mace.
Read NextReuben Sandwich
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Feb 21, 2018
Those who enjoy Indian food will like this Chicken Waldorf Pita with Curried Yogurt Sauce. The curry will give the flavor and the yogurt sauce will add zest and will make you crave for more. This one is another recipe I cannot wait to prepare. Love it.
Mar 09, 2016
Whenever I use diced celery in a delicate salad like egg, chicken, or tuna salad, I use a trick my mom taught me. You pull the tough outer strings off the stalk of celery before dicing. Using a paring knife with the flat edge against your thumb, you grab the strings at the widest cut end of the celery stalk and pull the thicker fibrous strings off.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use