Chicken Waldorf Pitas with Curried Yogurt Sauce
This chicken Waldorf salad is creamy and delicious with a touch of fruit sweetness and curry spice. Serve in pita bread for a tasty lunch or quick meal anytime.
Trying to figure out what else you can do with all those fabulous tomatoes? Try one (or more!) of these 22 tempting tomato recipes!
- 2 whole chicken breasts, skinned, boned, cooked and cubed
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 medium green apple, cubed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 2 avocados, seeded, peeled and cubed
- 4 pita breads, halved
- 8 pieces curly greenleaf lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes, optional
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mace
- Marinate chicken in Italian dressing 4 to 8 hours.
- Prepare yogurt sauce (recipe below).
- Stir in apple, celery, almonds and raisins.
- Add Curried Yogurt Sauce.
- Gently fold in avocados.
- Place lettuce in pita halves and fill with chicken mixture. Garnish with tomatoes.
Curried Yogurt Sauce
- Stir together yogurt, curry powder, and mace.