Layered Fruit Salad
While most ambrosia fruit salad recipes complicate matters with marshmallows and cream, this easy fresh fruit salad keeps things simple. Brighten your repertoire of cool summer recipes with a healthy fruit salad!
Chilling Time2 hr
- 2 bananas (fully ripe, flecked-with-brown), sliced on the bias
- juice from one orange
- 5 medium oranges, peeled and sliced
- 3 cups frozen pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cups white seedless grapes or halved grapes, seeded
- 1 can syrup from pineapple chunks
- 1 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 bottle (7-ounce) ginger ale (optional)
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries
- Coat banana slices in orange juice.
- Lay half of the banana slices in a large bowl, covering the bottom.
- Place a layer of oranges over bananas. Repeat with pineapple and grapes.
- Sprinkle with half of the coconut.
- Repeat layers of fruit.
- Pour reserved pineapple syrup over all; chill thoroughly.
- At serving time, pour ginger ale over all layers.
- Sprinkle with remaining coconut and dot with whole maraschino cherries.
Read NextGarbage Salad Recipe