BBQ Ranchero Chicken Salad
Looking for some more spice from your chicken salad recipes? Well this BBQ Ranchero Chicken Salad is sure to give you the kick you need. If you love chicken salad and barbecue, the this recipe may be your dream come true!
Hey! This chicken salad was featured in one of our exclusive ecookbooks! If you like this Chicken salad recipe, then check out the ecookbook Summer Fun: 19 Wonderful Chicken Salad Recipes right now!
Cooking Time12 min
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 10 oz. package of torn mixed salad greens (6 cups packed)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 to 1/2 cups (6 oz.) jalapeno cheese (or your favorite)
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 1 can (11 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (2.5 oz.) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fat free bottled ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Brush both sides of chicken with barbecue sauce.
- Grill or broil about 5 inches from heat source 6 minutes per side, or until juices are clear.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, 3/4 cup cheese, pepper, corn, black beans, olives and green onions; mix well.
- Combine dressing, chili powder and cumin; mix well.
- To serve, divide lettuce mixture onto 6 serving plates. Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2" thick slices; arrange over lettuce.
- Drizzle salads with dressing and sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese.
- Chicken may be cooked, cooled, covered and refrigerated up to 1 day before serving. Reheat chicken or served chilled.
- Lettuce mixture and dressing may be prepared separately, covered and refrigerated up to 4 hours before serving.
Read NextSouthern Corn Salad