Delicious Mexican Rice
If you are searching for the perfect Mexican rice recipe, search no more. This Delicious Mexican Rice is not only yummy but quite unique in taste. Grab a bite and you will experience the Mexican flavor in your own home.
Cooking Time20 min
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 2/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper or 1/4 cup pimiento, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- black pepper freshly ground to taste
- Melt bacon fat in heavy skillet.
- Saute onions and rice until rice is opaque, but not browned.
- Add green and red bell peppers or pimiento, chili powder and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Mix well and add 2 cups water and bring to boil uncovered; reduce heat to very low and cover.
- Cook for about 18 to 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Add corn and peas to sauce pan with 1/4 cup of water and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Bring to boil and simmer 2 minutes. Turn up heat and reduce water from vegetables.
- Add butter or margarine and grind of pepper.
- Carefully fold peas and corn mixture into rice and keep hot, until serving.