11 Copycat Recipes for Baking Ingredients: Recipes for Homemade Bisquick & More
Bay Scallop Risotto with Prosciutto
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Risotto perfectly cooked with prosciutto and bay scallops, finishing with parsley and freshly grated parmesan cheese. This is a hearty gluten-free one-pot meal ready in 35 minutes."
NotesRecipe adapted from Chef Michael Symon
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time25 min
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, dice
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 medium garlic cloves)
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup prosciutto, diced
- 1 tablespoon saffron (optional)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces bay scallops
In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and a pinch of salt; sauté for 30 seconds; add garlic; stir and let the onion and garlic sweat, about 1-2 minutes.
Stir in Arborio rice and turn the heat up to high. Toast the rice in the pan for 1 minute, stirring often. This will release the starch from the rice.
Once the rice is lightly brown, add white wine and keep stirring. Cook until the alcohol evaporates, leaving the rice a tasty flavor.
Add prosciutto, followed by saffron (if using) and continue stirring for about 1 minute, releasing the flavor of prosciutto into the rice.
Ladle 1 cup chicken broth into the pan, bring to a boil and turn down the heat to let it simmer. Let the broth be absorbed by the rice. Continue adding broth, one cup at a time, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add bay scallops; cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, or until the rice is perfectly tender. Add parsley and parmesan cheese; stir again. At this point, your risotto should be nicely thickened and creamy. Dish up and serve immediately.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
If you love being able to have the best of both worlds when it comes to dessert and breakfast, you're going to adore this Heavenly… Continue reading: "Heavenly Cinnamon Bun Pievideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Italian Ricotta Cookies
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites With Maple Glaze
- After Eight Peppermint Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Warm Bacon Chicken Spinach Dip Bread Ring
- Chicken Tostadas
- Christmas Cookie Bars
- Electric Skillet Classic Beef Stew
- Skillet Hash Brown Casserole
- Spice Rub Pork Chops
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes