Potato Carrot Soup
This potato-carrot soup is great for those chilly fall and winter days. It'll warm your up your insides and put a smile on your face.
Cooking MethodPressure Cooker
- 3 cooking oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 large potatoes, sliced thinly
- 6 large carrots, sliced thinly
- 2 32 oz. cans of chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup milk or half & half
1. In pressure cooker, saute onion in cooking oil for 3 minutes.
2. Add potatoes and carrots and continue to saute 1 additional minute.
3. Add broth and cumin.
4. Close lid, bring to high pressure then lower heat on stove and cook for 12 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and release using cold water or automatic pressure release according to manufacturer's directions.
6. Salt and pepper to taste.
7. Let cool slightly.
8. Puree in blender, mixing alternately with milk or half & half until smooth and creamy.
9. Serve hot.
Read NextInstant Pot Sloppy Joes