Old Fashioned Chow Chow
Take a step back in time with this Old Fashioned Chow Chow. This is a larger recipe designed for storing in jars. It's an easy vintage recipe that reminds you of simpler times.
This recipe is designed to be put in pint jars and sealed. Yields 8 to 9 pints.
But you could cut recipe down to use for one night of dinner.
Suggestion: cut in half if serving at least six people.
Cooking Time25 min
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 6 to 8 green or red tomatoes, chopped
- 6 medium bell peppers, chopped
- 6 large onions, chopped
- 2 hot peppers, chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 cups white vinegar
- 1/4 cup salt or pickling salt
- Put all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until desired tenderness is achieved.
Read NextHomemade Italian Giardiniera Mix