Fried Pork Belly
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Bagnet is an Ilocano delicacy similar to lechong kawali. It is made with pork belly stewed in a mixture of pork oil and water, then fried into crispy perfection. Bagnet came from the word “bagnetin” which means “to preserve”. They say that it was a staple dish for poor families because it can still be eaten for at a week without getting spoiled. Amazing, isn’t it? A dish that fed the poor before is now a high-end, must-try dish tourists want to try!"
NotesQuite easy, right? But please take note that the secret for a very good bagnet (fried pork belly) is frying it twice. Again, good, real food takes time. And we promise, you patience will be rewarded really well.
Bagnet (fried pork belly) can be eaten as it is with your favorite gravy, or you may mix it with other dishes. Try making bagnet (fried pork belly) today and impress your family and friends!
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time3 hr 2 min
- 1000 grams whole pork belly
- water (As needed)
- 3 cups water (As needed)
Clean pork belly thoroughly. Set aside.
In a wok or deep cooking pot, heat water and oil. Put the pork belly into the wok and let it cook in boil for 3 hours. The pork fat's texture should be soft as jelly after 3 hours.
Remove from the wok and drain any excess water and oil. Prepare a separate wok for the second fry. Fill it with oil and bring it to a boil.
When the oil is super hot, carefully put the pork belly for the final deep fry. Fry this for only 1-2 minutes to avoid burning.
Remove the pork belly from the frying pot and remove the excess oil. Slice bagnet into smaller serving pieces. The skin will be super crispy on the outside and soooo tender on the inside! Serve with special sukang Iloco! (Or with your favorite gravy!)
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
If you've ever had a king ranch chicken casserole before, you'll have an idea of what this soup is all about. It's basically just a… Continue reading: "King Ranch Chicken Soupvideocam"
- Peach-Ginger Glazed Ham
- Amish Ham Balls
- Southern Favorite Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Ranch Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin with Balsamic Sauce
- Pan-Seared Butterfly Pork Chops
- Crispy Oven Baked Pork Chops
- Easy Honey Lime Grilled Pork Chops
- Chinese Five Spice Pork Ribs
- Old Fashioned Ham Salad
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Sour Cream And Chive Potatoes
- Southern Coconut Cake
- Lemon Pudding Cake
- Air Fryer Mini Egg Fudge
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Breast
- Jammy Bun
- Air Fryer Pop Tarts
- Best Homemade Mac And Cheese
- Beer Soft Pretzels Stuffed With Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Old Fashioned Bread Pudding
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes