- Place a 1 lb. oxtail in pot, cover with 2 quarts water, add 1 bay
- leaf, 3 grains allspice, and 6 peppercorns, and bring to a boil.
- skim off foam until no more forms, then reduce heat, cover, and
- cook on low heat 90 minutes. Add usual soup vegetables, diced, and
- 2 peeled, diced raw potatoes, 2 tsps salt, and cook until tender.
Oxtail Soup. Simmer 1 finely chopped onion in 1 tbs. butter, and add 2 tbs. flour and simmer until slightly browned. Dilute with 1 cup soup, stirring until lumpfree, and add to pot. Simmer briefly. salt and pepper, season with about one/half tsp. paprika. Remove any meat from tail, dice, and return to soup. Garnish with a little chopped parsley and serve over egg noodles (kluski).
Read Next11 Delicious Polish Recipes