Hamburgers Polish Style
Learn to make juicy hamburger patties better than anyone you know. This tasty recipe for hamburgers Polish style creates moist, flavorful burgers that will rival any restaurant or homemade hamburger recipe you've ever tasted. We know them as "kotlety siekane," and you will come to know them as awesome!
Cooking Time30 min
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 slices white bread
- 1 egg
- Fry the onions in 1 teaspoon drippings till golden.
- Soak the bread in milk.
- Combine the onions, bread, milk, egg, beef, and pork.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Form 8 patties, roll in bread crumbs.
- Brown in remaining hot drippings.
- Place in a moderate oven (350 degrees F) oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, peas and carrots.