Simple Peach Cobbler
Simple peach cobbler serves ten people and is a simple and fun peach cobbler recipe to make. You really can't go wrong with simple peach cobbler.
Hey, did you enjoy this tasty recipe of peach cobbler? Then check out our collection of 30 "Peachy" Peach Cobbler Recipes for more.
Cooking Time15 min
- 8 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 pie crusts (9-inch)
- Combine peaches, sugar, flour and nutmeg; set aside until syrup forms.
- Bring peaches to a boil and cook over low heat 10 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat; add almond extract and butter, stirring well.
- Roll out half of pastry to 1/8" thickness on a lightly floured board; cut into a 10" x 8" rectangle.
- Spoon half of peaches into a lightly buttered 10" x 8" baking dish; top with pastry.
- Bake at 475 degrees F for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Spoon remaining peaches over baked pastry.
- Roll out remaining pastry and cut into 1/2" wide strips; arrange in a lattice design over top of peaches.
- Return to oven for 10-15 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
Read NextNo-Bake Million Dollar Pie
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.