Missouri Mudslide Pie
When it comes to baking blue ribbon desserts, the Midwest knows what it's doing. This recipe for Missouri Mudslide Pie is proof of that. The delicious flavors of chocolate, caramel, coffee and whipped cream combine to form one of the most perfect pies you'll ever taste. This is one of those chocolate pie recipes that requires a bit of prep work, but the effort is well worth the end result. This drool-worthy dessert will win raves from anyone who tastes it!
Chilling Time1 hr
Cooking MethodNo Bake
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons Dutch process cocoa
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1/3 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 1/2 ounces chocolate cookie pieces
- 1 (9-inch) chocolate pie shell, baked
- 1/2 ounce caramel topping
- whipped cream topping
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Irish cream
Sprinkle the gelatin over the coffee liqueur and chill until ready to use.
Heat the milk over medium heat to scald.
Beat the egg yolks. Add the sugar and beat together.
Add the flour, cornstarch and cocoa and blend well.
Add the scalded milk gradually and beat together. Cook over medium heat until boiling and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter and vanilla and beat until well blended and smooth. Cool to room temperature.
Add the coffee liqueur with gelatin that has been softened and mix well.
Whip the whipping cream until firm but not stiff. Fold the whipped cream into mixture until blended well.
Fold the cookie pieces in.
Drizzle some caramel over bottom of baked pie shell and pour the cocoa mixture into shell. Refrigerate unti set.
- Add the Irish cream gradually to the prepared whipped cream topping and beat until stiff. Spread over top of pie and refriferate for at least one hour.