After Church Peach Cobbler
What's better on a Sunday afternoon than enjoying a nice big slice of homemade cobbler? With this easy recipe for After Church Peach Cobbler you can make one of the best church desserts around, perfect for sharing with friends and family. Make this weekend a delicious one by preparing this out-of-this-world easy cobbler recipe. It's one that will soon become a Sunday tradition in your household!
Cooking Time45 min
- 8 fresh, firm and ripe peaches
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond flavor
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Wash peaches (do not skin), dry and cut up into wedges.
Melt butter or margarine and pour into a 9 inch square pan.
Mix sugar with cut up peaches.
Combine dry ingredients and mix in milk, egg and vanilla to form a thick batter. Pour batter over melted butter or margarine.
Layer on the peaches, spooning on any juices/sugar.
Bake for 45 minutes or until top is golden and set.
- Cool to warm. Cut into wedges to serve. Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish, if desired, with whipped cream or ice cream.
Read NextBishop's Chocolate Pie