Spaghetti with Parmesan Spinach Sauce
Spinach, pasta, Parmesan cheese and a creamy sauce...sounds delicious, doesn't it? On the table in minutes, it is one of the quickest pasta recipes out there. As fast as it is delicious, make it for supper tonight.
Serves6 about 1 cup each
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time10 min
- 2 cups Swanson Chicken Broth or Swanson Chicken Stock
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (about 10 ounces) package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 medium tomato, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 pound of a 1-pound package spaghetti, cooked without salt and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Stir the broth, flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper in a 3-quart saucepan. Stir in the spinach. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture boils and thickens. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
Stir in the yogurt and tomato. Add the spaghetti and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the cheese.