Ragu with Roasted Eggplant and Tomato
Ragu recipes are fantastic for foodies! Ragu with Roasted Eggplant and Tomato is made with the freshest ingredients and with a splash of white wine for a wonderful blend of flavors. Enjoy over pasta or with your favorite roasted vegetables.
Serve with brown rice, whole wheat pasta or whole grain pita bread. Serving size - 3/4 cup per person.
Preparation Time30 min
- 12 ounces package of Al Fresco sundried tomato chicken sausage, sliced on the diagonal 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cups eggplant, cut into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 cup pasta sauce (sundried tomato & herb; or a flavor of your choosing)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray. Mix the eggplant, cherry tomatoes, peppers, and onions together on the pan.
- Blend the minced garlic with 2 tbsp of the olive oil and black pepper. Pour over the vegetables, toss to coat. Roast for 20 - 25 minutes or until nicely browned and the eggplant is tender. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a 10 inch skillet over med-high heat and coat with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Brown the sundried tomato chicken sausage slices.
- Add the red wine, cook 1 minute, add the pasta sauce, chicken broth, chopped basil and sun-dried tomatoes. Reduce heat and simmer 3 - 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the roasted vegetables, and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Read NextOne Pot Homemade Hamburger Helper