Black Bean and Garbanzo Hummus
Hummus with a twist of black beans! The creaminess of the tahini added to delicious black and garbanzo beans will surely be an afternoon delight at your house. This black bean and garbanzo hummus recipe is unique and delicious.
Hey, this recipe was featured in one of our exclusive free eCookbooks. If you'd like to enjoy more recipes like this one then download 27 Terrific After School Snack Recipes today!
Preparation Time15 min
- 2 cans (15-ounce) garbanzo beans
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1 can (15-ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 pinch cayenne powder
- Pita bread, cut into triangles
- Drain garbanzo beans, reserving 1/2 cup of the liquid. Rinse garbanzo beans; drain well.
- Combine garbanzo beans, tahini, lime juice and garlic in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Add black beans and process just until beans are coarsely chopped.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in enough reserved liquid from the garbanzo beans to thin the mixture to the consistency of thick mayonnaise.
- Add cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with pita bread. Makes 4 cups.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Middle Eastern Recipes"
Middle Eastern Recipes
Check out this great collection of middle-eastern recipes. There are Arab favorites such as baba ghanouj, Lebanese fatoush, Moroccan couscous, and the ever-popular hummus and much more.