Brownie Mix in a Jar
Homemade gifts in a jar are great stocking stuffers or hostess gifts. This Brownie Mix in a Jar makes delicious homemade brownies...all you have to add is butter and eggs. Make a gift in a jar for all the people on your list this year!
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pour sugar into a clean and dry one quart jar. Press down firmly.
- Add cocoa powder and press down firmly.
- Pour in chopped pecans, making sure they are evenly layered.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined. Pour into jar and seal.
Attach to Jar:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Empty mix into large bowl. Stir to blend thoroughly.
- Add 3/4 cup butter or margarine and 4 beaten eggs. Mix until completely blended.
- Spread batter onto lightly greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pan and cut into 2 inch squares. Makes 2 dozen brownies.
Read NextPumpkin Oreo Truffles