Southwest Steak Salad
Do you love tender, rib eye steak? Tangy goat cheese salad? Crispy onion rings? Why not enjoy all of them at the same time? That's what you get when you follow the recipe for this delicious Southwest Steak Salad. This might just be the most amazing meal you make at home all summer. Just the steak alone would be a special treat, but paired with the flavors and texture of the salad and onion rings, you may be on your way to discovering a new favorite.
Preparation Time30 min
Total TimeUnder 3 Hours
- 1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 2 Boneless beef rib eye steak (about 1 pound), cut in half
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons Chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons Lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Red wine vinegar
- 10 ounces (about 1 package) Mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1 cup Crumbled goat cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 3/4 package of a 16-ounce package frozen onion rings (12 rings), prepared according to package directions
Stir 1/4 cup picante sauce, oil, cumin and oregano in a shallow, nonmetallic dish or gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Add the beef and turn to coat. Cover the dish or seal the bag and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Stir the remaining picante sauce, dressing, cilantro, lime juice, vinegar and raisins in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to medium. Grill the beef for 10 minutes for medium or until desired doneness, turning the beef over once halfway through the grilling time. Remove the beef from the grill and let stand for 10 minutes. Thinly slice the beef.
Divide the salad greens, beef and cheese among 4 plates. Drizzle each with about 2 tablespoons dressing mixture. Top each with 3onion rings.
Learn how to cook tender pork chops on the grill with this great recipe. Sharp-tasting blue cheese dressing makes these delicious grilled chops even more distinctive. Try this tender pork chop recipe tonight!Grilled Pork Chops with Blue Cheese