Crispy Fried Oysters
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Virginia is known for its fresh Chesapeake Bay oysters, and this crispy Deep Fried Oysters recipe is the best way to prepare them! A simple cornmeal coating gives the shellfish a beautiful golden brown exterior and just the right amount of crunch. Serve them with a creamy dipping sauce, stuff them into a po' boy sandwich, or just garnish with lemon wedges. They're the ultimate Southern treat! Just like our blue crabs, our Brunswick Stew, and our country ham, Virginians take great pride in our fresh oysters. In fact, Virginia is considered the Oyster Capital of the East Coast, with over 40 million oysters sold each year! We live near the mountains in Central Virginia (not on the coastline); however, those fresh, briny oysters from the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries make a regular appearance in our neck of the woods at oyster roasts, in country markets, and on holiday tables. Southern fried oysters that are soaked in buttermilk and dredged in seasoned cornmeal are a classic way to showcase this local delicacy. "
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time10 min
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Amish Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll-Ups might one of the best desserts you'll ever enjoy. This delicious Amish dessert recipe is… Continue reading: "Amish Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll-Upsvideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
- Fig And Cashew Milkshake
- Mac And Cheese
- Easy And Family Friendly Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- Spicy And Garlicky Labneh
- Tindora Athanu | Achar | Pickle
- Fluffy White Rice | Instant Pot And Stove Top
- Vegan, Gluten Free, And Allergen Friendly Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Mushroom Quesadilla
- Pav Bhaji
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes