Cream Filled Easter Eggs
What fun is Easter without those yummy chocolate Easter eggs? One of the best things about Easter really is the best Easter candy recipes, and these cream-filled eggs are just the thing. Everyone loves them, everyone expects them, and they're simple to make, so hop to it!
Preparation Time30 min
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 11 to 12 cups icing sugar
- food coloring
- dipping chocolate (or carob chips)
- In large bowl, combine condensed milk, corn syrup, salt and vanilla.
- Add icing sugar in 3 or 4 batches, stirring well after each addition.
- Knead until mixture holds its shape and is smooth and pliable.
- Divide into thirds.
- Wrap 2/3 in plastic wrap; set aside. Do NOT refrigerate.
- Tint remaining 1/3 yellow and roll into balls (yolks); chill 30 minutes.
- Divide remaining white mixture into 20 pieces.
- Flatten each slightly and wrap around yellow yolks to form egg shapes.
- Place eggs on tray; cover with plastic wrap. Chill 4 hours.
- Make dipping chocolate (recipe below).
- 4 packages semi-sweet chocolate squares
- 2/3 cup vegetable shortening
- Melt the chocolate and shortening together, stirring well.
- Using a fondue fork, dip the eggs into the chocolate, then place on waxed paper to set.
Read Next24 Easy Easter Dinner Recipes
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.