Make coffee with more than just coffee beans with this unusual drink recipe. Grind and brew acorns just as you would with coffee beans to form a tasty hot beverage. Expand hot drink horizons with this different drink recipe.
- 1/2 cup acorns
- 1/2 cup cracked wheat
- Honey (optional)
- Molasses (optional)
- Brown sugar (optional)
- Select plump, round, sweet acorns. Shell and brown in oven.
- Grind in a coffee mill and use as ordinary coffee.
- Hull out a half cup of small acorns. Add a half cup cracked wheat. Mix. Roast in your oven.
- Pound in a mortar. Boil with water to get your coffee.
- Add honey, molasses, or brown sugar to sweeten.
Read NextCrown Royal Peach Soaked Peach Rings