Float away on a pillow of delicious goodness with this quick and easy dessert recipe. Between the sugar, almonds and canned fruit, this simple dessert recipe is heavenly.
- 3 cups water
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 15-ounce can fruit cocktail, including liquid
- 1 20-ounce can lychees, including liquid
- 1 11-ounce can mandarin oranges, including liquid
- 16 maraschino cherries, cut into halves
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add gelatin and sugar; cook until dissolved. Remove from heat, add milk and almond extract.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan and chill until firm, about 2 hours. Cut gelatin into cubes.
- Combine with fruit cocktail, lychee, and oranges. Garnish with cherries. Chill well before serving.