Slow Cooker Chow Mein
Learn how to make an out of this world chow mein right in your own kitchen with this easy homemade Chinese food recipe. It's easier than you think to make your own Chinese food, especially when you have a simple slow cooker recipe like this one. Just two easy steps and ten hours in the slow cooker are all it takes to whip up one of the best chow mein dishes you've ever tasted. The next time you're craving Chinese food, pull out this recipe for the slow cooker instead of dialing up the local takeout place!
Cooking Time10 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 4 ounces can mushrooms
- 1 1/2 pound round steak, cubed
- 4 stalks celery
- 2 medium onions
- 1 cup hot water with 3 bouillon cubes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound can Chinese vegetables
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water
- Combine ingredients and cook 8 to 10 hours in slow cooker on low.
- 1 hour before serving add Chinese vegetables and cornstarch and water.