Panera Chicken and Rice Soup
Copycat Panera chicken and wild rice soup is comfort food at its best.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's no need to wait in line at Panera for your favorite soup recipe! This delicious copycat Panera chicken and rice soup is completely comforting, flavorful, and perfect for warming you up on a chilly day. This recipe is a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken breasts, and using instant rice is a great way to make sure this soup is ready in no time.
You can serve this copycat Panera soup recipe with a few slices of your favorite crusty bread for a lunch that just can't be beat. If you're really hungry, you could even serve it with a sandwich like Panera's extinct turkey apple Cheddar. We love that you can have your restaurant favorites from the comfort of your own home, and your family will too!
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time55 min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped baby carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 4.3 ounce box Rice a Roni Long Grain and Wild Rice (with seasoning packet)
Panera Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe
Pour olive oil in large pot. Add carrots, celery, and onion.
Simmer over medium heat until onions are translucent, approximately 10 minutes.
Add the garlic cloves, chicken stock, water, and 1 cup of milk to the mixture and stir until combined.
Add the pepper, dried oregano, and shredded chicken. Mix until combined.
Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
Whisk together the remaining 1 cup of milk with the ½ cup flour until no lumps remain.
Pour this into the soup mixture and whisk.
Place the long grain and wild rice and the seasoning packet into the soup and mix until combined.
Simmer for 20 more minutes.
We have even more delicious restaurant copycat soup recipes! Give this hearty Outback Steakhouse soup recipe a try. Copycat Outback Potato Soup
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
A soup recipe that contains bacon, ham, potatoes and 2 types of cheese, is one I'll be dreaming about. Say hello to the Ultimate… Continue reading: "Ultimate Comfort Potato Soupvideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Healthy Slow Cooker Tomato Sauce
- Air Fryer Leg Of Lamb
- M&m Brownie Batter Dip Recipe
- Crustless Spinach Quiche
- Air Fryer Ham
- Ikea Lemon Dill Salmon In The Air Fryer
- Ham And Bean Soup
- Caribbean Chicken Pineapple Stew
- Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies (Vegan | Paleo | Gluten Free)
- How To Make THE BEST Sheet-Pan Roasted Vegetables
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes